Remote Education & Learning
About the Conference
Welcome to the REAL Conference, the remote learning conference focused on supporting North Carolina’s rural educators. The REAL Conference was launched by the Remote Learning Working Group, a partnership between the North Carolina Business Committee for Education, the education nonprofit in the Governor’s office and Hometown Strong, Governor Roy Cooper’s Rural Initiative, that works to collaboratively find innovative connectivity solutions for K-12 students who are without Internet access and support educators in remote learning.
Session Topics will span all grade levels and provide educators with first hand experience of various remote learning tools and best practices.
- Virtual STEAM: Hands-On Learning at Home
- Digital Tools to Support Distance
- Remote Learning Best Practices
- Accessible Remote Learning
- Work-Based Learning Navigator
- All Things Google
- Digital Citizenship with the NC Libraries
- Developing a Digital Library with GoOpenNC
- Connecting with Disconnected Students
- Bitmoji Interactive Lessons in Google Slides
- Finding the Leader in You
- Working with SeeSaw
- EdPuzzle: Actively Engaging Students with Videos
- Working Virtually Like a Pro
- Mindfulness-Based Social Emotional Learning
- Equitable Remote Education Considerations for Students with Disabilities
- How to Assess Learning Games
- Field Trips to Go
Share About All-Things Remote Learning with #NCeducatorsgettingREAL
Use #NCeducatorsgettingREAL and share across your social media accounts.
A big thank you to our generous donors for their contributions to the day in the form of prizes and giveaways. Check them out!
A big thank you to our REAL Conference Sponsors, and Presenting Sponsor: Google.